Kansas City Townsend Law Firm

Some common post-accident questions, answered

On Behalf of | Oct 15, 2017 | Car Accident

In the wake of a car accident, the victims will have many questions about what the next steps are. Here are some common questions that we often get, and some answers to these delicate matters:

If the other driver doesn’t have insurance, what do I do? Most insurance policies have contingencies for people who are hit by uninsured drivers, or hit and run drivers. Review your policy and see what is offered by your insurance company.

What if my insurance company denies my claim? Sadly, many insurance companies utilize devious practices to deny claims. Others are just looking out for their bottom line. In either case, it is accident victims who suffer because of these decisions. If your insurer denies your claim, consult with a car accident attorney to make sure your rights are protected and upheld.

Speaking of which, can I sue the other driver? Yes you can. The circumstances of your wreck will matter, obviously, but you can file a personal injury lawsuit against negligent drivers for the harm and damage they have caused.

Will I have to go to court? Again, it depends, but most civil lawsuits are settled out of court. If you do have to go to court, you will want an attorney by your side.

At Townsend Law, we want to help car accident victims get back to their lives after the crash. We will support you and advocate for your rights, striving towards earning you the compensation you need and deserve in the wake of a motor vehicle accident.